- as ADJ as = aussi ADJ que
- as ADV as = aussi ADV que
- as many Ns as = autant de N que
- as much N as = autant de N que
The first correlator can be replaced with so, though this is very marked (and rare).
- just as ADJ as. ("But elder brother was just as late (last night) as I was (tonight), and you hardly said a word to him.")
- As I was on call anyway, I decided to go in to work. --> Puisque/Comme j'étais d'astreinte de toutes façons, j'ai décidé d'aller bosser.
Marker of simultaneity
- As I was parking, I realized I had forgotten my cellphone. En me garant, je me suis rendu compte que j'avais oublié mon portable.