Splendors and Glooms
Splendors and Glooms is a 2012 children's novel written by Laura Amy Schlitz. It takes place in Victorian England. The book won a Newbery in 2013.
It takes place in Victorian England.
- She is an orphan, like Parsefall. Her father was a very famous actor. When Lizzie Rose is interviewed by the coppers, constable Hawkins was impressed.
- He is an orphan, like Lizzie Rose, but he is a puppeteer and a thief
- His master is Gaspare Grisini (who has taught him to pick pockets and locks, to be a puppeteer).
- He is always hungry.
- Cassandra is a witch tormented by a fire opal.
- She's loaded: she has emeralds, a fire opal, tiger pelts, fur coats.
- She and Gaspare Grisini are enemies
- Ruby is a lap-spaniel. She is Mrs. Pinchbeck's dog, but Lizzie Rose takes care of her.
- Everyone loves Ruby, even Cassandra (who Ruby really likes). There are only two exceptions: Parsefall & Grisini, neither of whom seem to like dogs.
- Script error: No such module "citation/CS1".