This wiki needs a jazz page. It will very likely grow. The name of this page is taken from Oakland-based Ishmael Reed's 1972, Mumbo Jumbo, which conjures "a centuries-old battle between two shadow forces: a group representing European institutional order and Jes Grew, a virus/movement/pleasure-seeking principle originating among black artists."
- What do you think that this Jes Grew is up to?
- It’s up to its Text. For some, it’s a disease, a plague, but in fact it is an anti-plague. You will recall, Black Herman, that in the past there were germs that avoided words.
After starting the page, I learned of Conjure's "Jes' Grew".
Growing Season 2021
Creative master plan
- Pharaoh Sanders, Karma, "The Creator Has a Master Plan", 1969.
- In the BFE 1995 version you still hear the Armistad.
- as you do in the Roman theatre in Vienne (2011)
- "Jump Around Sound", Budapest (2008)
- Note: People are speaking of these promised movements in hushed, even churchy tones :o.o: 
- Tigran Hamasyan, New Maps, 2020
- video -- made from images shot in Armenia, the US, Russia, and the UK -- directed by Vahan Stepanyan
Jockey Full o Bourbon
- Tom Waits
- Youn Sun Nah & Ulf Wakenius
- YIN YIN, The Rabbit that Hunts Tigers, 2019.
- Wolfgang Haffner, Kind of Tango, 2020.
- Wolfgang Haffner (d.), Christopher Dell (vib.), Sebastian Studnitzky (trpt.), Bill Evans (sax) Simon Oslender (p.), Ulf Wakenius (g.), Vincent Peirani (acc.), Lars Danielsson (b., cell., flug.).
- The Very Big Experimental Toubifri Orchestra, Dieu Poulet, 2021.
- an 18-piece band from Lyon that's a lot of fun.
- Muito Kaballa Power Ensemble, Mamari, 2021.
- Jerry Garcia, David Grisman, Live in San Francisco, 1991.
- h/t El Comandante @ 47:15.
- Jun Fukamachi, Quark, 1980
- See also, Nicole (1986 Spring and Summer collection) @ bandcamp
- (I think I prefer the phrog.)
- Nawal Arjini (3 June 2019), "Ishmael Reed Tries to Undo the Damage ‘Hamilton’ Has Wrought", The Nation.
- Ishmael Reed, Mumbo Jumbo, 1972.
- Rafe Arnott (20 Mar 2021), Promises: The Floating Points Pharaoh Sanders LSO album, resistormag.
- Antoine Bos (7 Apr 2021), "Dieu Poulet" : The Very Big Experimental Toubifri Orchestra est divin, le gri gri.
- Aaron Carnes (24 Aug 2018), "How Jun Fukamachi Became a Cult Figure in Japanese Ambient Music", Bandcamp Daily.