This is just meant to be a personal page where I learn a bit more about DN! (hosted by Amy Goodman, Juan Gonzalez & Normeen Sheikh)
- Gareth Porter's article in the American Conservative on Bolton's views on Iran & North Korea (new National Security Adviser). Mercer, Cambridge Analytica, Gatestone Institute, Sheldon Adelson...
Very snarky segue to Trump in India from 24:21-25:18.... "'Money', by the Flying Lizards here on Democracy Now!" ^^
- Investigative Fund (cf. Puffin Foundation, below; Wayne Barrett project, also ProPublica, which recently caused DN! to have to walk back a story.)
Anjali Kamat: (worked for Al Jazeera's Faultlines, DN!)
- Who is Shalabh Khamar?...
Mohammed bin Salman. Mehdi Hazan from AJE.
- Andrew O'Hagan, "The Satoshi Affair", London Review of Books, 30 June 2016
- David Golumbia, "Zealots of the Blockchain", the Baffler, no 38, April 2018. David Golumbia is the author of The Politics of Bitcoin: Software as Right-Wing Extremism
After watching Yarimar Bonilla & Naomi Klein (and of course Juan Gonzalez) on 21/03/18, I thought it might be worth digging around a bit on this odd and unfolding cyclo-casino event (bitcoin setting up shop in Puerto Rico).
Meanwhile it appears that someone from Philly has been hired as secretary of the cash-strapped PR Dept. of Education, someone who is working with Betsy Devos and who is paid 25% more than her. And what is she doing of note for all that money? Paying out nearly $17 million to the California-based Josephson Institute of Ethics to teach value(s) in PR schools.
Past clients for this “values” program include the FBI, the Department of Defense, and the CIA, although the company acknowledges that the Puerto Rico program is the largest and most lucrative one they’ve ever had.
source, The Nation, Yarimar Bonilla, Rima Brusi, Natasha Lycia Ora Bannan
The Nation, The Intercept & Democracy Now joining hands again made me think of the Investigative Fund.