This wiki needs a jazz page. It will very likely grow. The name of this page is taken from Oakland-based Ishmael Reed's 1972, Mumbo Jumbo, which conjures "a centuries-old battle between two shadow forces: a group representing European institutional order and Jes Grew, a virus/movement/pleasure-seeking principle originating among black artists."
- What do you think that this Jes Grew is up to?
- It’s up to its Text. For some, it’s a disease, a plague, but in fact it is an anti-plague. You will recall, Black Herman, that in the past there were germs that avoided words.
After starting the page, I learned of Conjure's "Jes' Grew" and that Jazz is Dead (§, §).
- 1 Growing Season 2021
- 2 Growing season 2022
- 3 Previous issues
- 4 Refs
Growing Season 2021
Creative master plan
- Pharaoh Sanders, Karma, "The Creator Has a Master Plan", 1969.
- In the BFE 1995 version you still hear the Armistad.
- as you do in the Roman theatre in Vienne (2011)
- "Jump Around Sound", Budapest (2008)
- Note: People are speaking of these promised movements in hushed, even churchy tones :o.o: 
- Tigran Hamasyan, New Maps, 2020
- video -- made from images shot in Armenia, the US, Russia, and the UK -- directed by Vahan Stepanyan
Jockey Full o Bourbon
- Tom Waits
- Youn Sun Nah & Ulf Wakenius
- YIN YIN, The Rabbit that Hunts Tigers, 2019.
- Collage, Collage, 1976.
- Thanks, Smiley. :)
- Wolfgang Haffner, Kind of Tango, 2020.
- Wolfgang Haffner (d.), Christopher Dell (vib.), Sebastian Studnitzky (trpt.), Bill Evans (sax) Simon Oslender (p.), Ulf Wakenius (g.), Vincent Peirani (acc.), Lars Danielsson (b., cell., flug.).
- The Very Big Experimental Toubifri Orchestra, Dieu Poulet, 2021.
- an 18-piece band from Lyon that's a lot of fun.
- Muito Kaballa Power Ensemble, Mamari, 2021.
- Jerry Garcia, David Grisman, Live in San Francisco, 1991.
- h/t El Comandante @ 47:15.
- Jun Fukamachi, Quark, 1980.
- See also, Nicole (1986 Spring and Summer collection) @ bandcamp
- (I think I prefer the phrog.)
Growing season 2022
- Jaubi, Nefs at Peace, 2021.
- Önder Focan - Aubergine / Patlican, 2022.
- Anadol, Felicita, 2022.
- Anadol, Uzun Havalar, 2019.
Benin / Abidjan / Paris / Boston
- Lionel Loueke, HH, 2020.
- Herbie Hancock & Bernie Maupin, "Butterfly", Thrust, 1974.
RIP Pharaoh Sanders 🕯
"Across Time", with a heart, 2003.
- Kahlil El Zabar, A Time for Healing, 2021.
- Nina Sinephro, Space 1.8, 2021.
- John Mayer §, Dhammapada, 1976.
- Transglobal Underground, "Lookee Here", 1994.
- HNY2 WPO, &2 en.wp
- Theo Croker, "No More Maybe" with Iman Omari, BLK2THEFUTURE, 2021
- ---, "State of the Union 444" with Wyclef Jean on prime-time TV, 2022
- Mary Halvorson, Amaryllis / Beladonna, the latter with the Mivos Quartet, 2022.
Warsaw + Copenhagen +
- Tomaze Dąbrowski & the Individual Beings
- Album made for the late Tomasz Stańko wd, whose horn Dąbrowski plays exceedingly well. His is only one voice among many on this disquieting wander through electric marshlands. Worth its eclectic stars on the web and the headache it might give you. :P
- Tomasz Dąbrowski wd– Trumpet and Electronics | Fredrik Lundin wd (the Dane) – Tenor Saxophone | Irek Wojtczak wd– Tenor and Soprano Saxophone plus Electronics | Grzegorz Tarwid wd– Grand Piano and Keyboards | Max Mucha wd– Double Bass | Knut Finsrud (The Norwegian) – Acoustic Drums | Jan Emil Młynarski – Electric and Acoustic Drums
- Tiken Jah Fakoly, "Partager le monde", Cabaret Sauvage, Paris, 12 décembre 2022
- ↑ Nawal Arjini (3 June 2019), "Ishmael Reed Tries to Undo the Damage ‘Hamilton’ Has Wrought", The Nation.
- ↑ Ishmael Reed, Mumbo Jumbo, 1972.
- ↑ Rafe Arnott (20 Mar 2021), Promises: The Floating Points Pharaoh Sanders LSO album, resistormag.
- ↑ Antoine Bos (7 Apr 2021), "Dieu Poulet" : The Very Big Experimental Toubifri Orchestra est divin, le gri gri.
- ↑ Aaron Carnes (24 Aug 2018), "How Jun Fukamachi Became a Cult Figure in Japanese Ambient Music", Bandcamp Daily.