(Redirected from Enough)
"too" and "enough"
- too: to an excessive degree, Fr. trop
- enough: to a sufficient degree, Fr. assez
- not enough: to an insufficient degree, Fr. pas assez
|too + ADJ
|(not) + ADJ + enough
(not) careful enough
|too + ADV
|(not) + ADV + enough
(not) slowly enough
|too + much N (uncountable)
too much time / software
|(not) + enough + N (uncountable)
(not) enough time / software
|too + many N (countable)
too many hours / programs
|(not) + enough + N (countable)
not enough hours (in the day)
procrastinate too much
|(not) + V + enough
(n't) write(s) enough
Add too, enough, too much or too many to the following sentences:
- There isn't _________ space on the desktop.
- There are _________ mistakes in this letter.
- Your hands are far ____ dirty to sit down for dinner, young lady! Go wash up.
- They were hungry _______ to eat horses.
- It's annoying he doesn't read my messages carefully _________.
- There aren't _________ hours in the day.
- I wrote back ____ quickly.
- I didn't work ________.
- Will they have _________ courage to refuse this crazy scheme?
- That's _________ for now.
Complete the following sentences so that they might be true:
- She doesn't have enough time to _____________________ . (V (+ something))
- She spends too much time _____________________ . (Ving (+ something))
- She spends too much money on __________________ . (N / Ving)
- We don't have enough ___________ to _____________________________________. (N, V (+ something))
- No-one is ever _______________ enough to ________________________________. (ADJ, V (+ something))